DATE AND TIME OF YOUR PRESENTATION
• Please refer to the program for DATE and TIME of your presentation.
• Be sure to be in the room for your presentation at least 10 minutes before the session starts. Notify the chairperson or the assistant in the meeting room when you come in.
• If you wish to check your presentation (test run) you will need to come either in the morning (08:00 - 08:30) or during the break prior to your session.
SPEAKING TIME AND EQUIPMENT
• You will have 15 minutes for presentation AND discussions. Please use 12 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
(Invited speakers will have 25 minutes for presentation AND discussions. Please use 22 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.)
• Video projector will be provided in the meeting room. It is expected that you will provide your own PC.
• ALL laptops MUST have the sleep mode turned OFF prior to connecting to the switcher. This will save time at the podium.
• We request that you also bring USB Flash Memory Stick containing your presentation in case of unexpected hardware mismatch. We recommend that you have the back-up in its original file format as well as Acrobat (i.e. pdf), which ensures the highest likelihood of compatibility with another system if needed.
• Reminder - For those that live outside of Japan, please remember to bring your own power adapter. (AC100V, 50Hz.)
• For MAC users please make sure you are familiar with your settings to send the signal to the LCD projector. Also be sure to bring your connector for a VGA cable for the projector.
DATE AND TIME OF YOUR PRESENTATION Wednesday August 21, 14:10 – 16:10.
Please refer to the program for your assigned poster number. You are required to stand in front of your poster during the poster session.
All posters are to remain on the board during the Conference. This will give additional time to view posters during breaks and before the Conference sessions.
SET-UP possible from Sunday, August 18 17:00 – 19:00
TAKE DOWN Thursday, August 22 9:00 – 12:00
All posters must be removed by 12:00 Thursday. All posters left after 12:00 will be disposed.
Organizers will not take down, store or send posters for authors who cannot come to claim the poster. If for some inevitable reasons that you cannot come and collect your paper, please ask your colleague to take down the poster for you. Posters not claimed at the end of the conference will be discarded by the organizer.
• The poster board is self-standing.
• There will be one poster per board per side.
• The size of the poster board is: Height: 210cm, Width 90 cm
• You may use all parts of this board however we recommend you to avoid using the area below your knees.
• Pins will be used to attach posters to the board. Pins will be provided.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE POSTER PRESENTATION
• Carefully and completely prepare your poster well in advance of the Conference. There will not be time nor materials available for last minute preparation at the Conference. Practice setting up the poster before you leave for the Conference to determine what it will look like and to make sure that you have all of the necessary pieces.
• The title of your paper should appear at the top of your poster in CAPITAL letters. This lettering should be at least 2.5 cm (1 inch) high. Below the title, place the authors' names and affiliations.
• Use text sparingly. Use pictures, cartoons, and figures rather than text wherever possible. Bright colors will greatly enhance the attention of the viewer.
• Flow of your poster should be from the top left to the bottom right. Use arrows to lead the viewer through the poster.
• Make your poster as self-explanatory as possible, so that you will have time for in-depth technical discussions.
• The poster board will have your assigned number on it, so there is no need for you to include your number on your poster.